Every time the seasons change, your skin must adjust. Our guests have been telling us how dry their skin feels lately. If you’ve noticed this too, we have some tips and suggestions to make your skin feel healthy and look radiant this summer.
- Hydrate: Even if you’ve heard this a million times, drinking a cup of water per hour during the day gives all your body’s cells the essential hydration they need to function at their best—including your skin. In summer, you lose more water as your body tries to keep itself cool. Make a habit of filling a water bottle at certain times and carry it with you. If you need a flavor motivator, try electrolyte powders or our line of Pure Inventions infusion drops to keep you sipping.
- Combine moisturizer and sunscreen: In the summer, skip any heavy, oily products—especially for your face. Choose a lightweight moisturizer that contains SPF to keep your skin glowing and prevent damage from UVA and UVB rays.
- Take cooler showers: Hot water is always drying to skin, no matter the season. If you’re not ready for the shock, start warm and then gently lower the temp of your water as you shower. This will reduce dryness and protect your skin.
- Scrub away dry skin: In the last month, scrubs have been one of our most popular services! They leave your skin glowing and are especially good for feet, elbows, and knees where dry skin is most common. You can even request a longer pedi session for extra exfoliating time.
- Eat your antioxidants: One of the wonderful things about summer in the Willamette Valley is the fresh, local produce. Most of it is loaded with water and antioxidants that can help protect your skin from sun damage. Head for the berries, melons, and tomatoes for a refreshing, antioxidant boost.
The great thing about taking a little extra time to care for your summer skin is that your whole body benefits, inside and out. We are wishing you a fun, relaxing summer and hope to see you soon!
Refreshing toner mists
Toner mists lock in your skin’s moisture without adding oil. In fact, they hydrate your face, fight sun damage with antioxidants, and cool you down—all in one tiny bottle. Choose from several natural options including red currant, neroli, and refreshing lime. Stop in to Simply Blissed any time to try a sample!